As a parent, watching your kids grow up and bond with their pets is simply heart melting. In addition, as they start to talk about their pets, care for them, exercise with them or draw them in their family pictures, you begin to realize the impact pets have on our kids is bigger than we imagine. According to Parents magazine, here are 5 surprising benefits of having pets:
1. Pets can help with development. Therapy dogs can help with the developmentally challenged. In addition, pets help reduce the stress level of learning which help encourage reading to them.
2. Pets provide a sense of comfort. Pets can sense when humans are feeling emotional and it is no surprise that as humans, we look to our pets for comfort.
3. Pets help increase our need to help and nurture others. The daily tasks of taking care of pets help create good, long term habits of taking care of others aside from yourself.
4. Pets help increase your health. Being exposed to pets may help reduce a kids change of developing allergies later on.
5. Pets can help increase family bonds. Simply put, pets become a part of the family and everyone soon thinks, acts and cares for the pet like they are a part of the family.
6. Adding in another benefit that we at Yip & Purr believe holds true, they make you laugh! Laughing soothes the soul, reduces stress and creates a postive environment! Who doesn’t want to be around a fun family??
7. Lastly, one other benefit Yip & Purr wants to add is, you get to see all of the fun drawings that kids create with their pets! “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” -Maya Angelou
Click here to read the Parents magazine article: https://www.parents.com/parenting/pets/kids/the-benefits-of-pets/